Join Linda and Carrie for a week of taking care of your body, soaking up the sun, and mermaiding around with friends in the loveliest of waves. With 3 Yoga or Hot Pilates classes per day, delicious clean food, and the dreamiest beach in the world, you may also find yourself in the best shape of your life.
The perfect day can begin with a swim in the most turquoise waters you have seen, meditation by the ocean, or a sunrise walk/run along the white-sand beach.
Breakfast is as healthy or as decadent as you like, with (amazing) fresh fruit on demand, homemade granola, or killer french toast.
The backbone of our morning will be two Hot Pilates and / or Yoga sessions. This is usually followed by a dip in same turquoise waters mentioned above.
Lunch awaits an hour after class. We die for the Fish Tacos with Papaya Salsa but plenty of delicious veggie and gluten free options abound. The resort is famous for their clean and delicious food.
Grab a hammock for siesta, play in the waves, go snorkeling in the famous fresh-water cenotes, visit the Mayan Ruins or better yet, indulge one of the treatments at the Maya Tulum Spa (rated #2 Destination Spa in the world by Travel + Leisure yet expect half the price of US resorts). You have a good chunk of time in the afternoon to do exactly as you like.
The evening Yoga or Hot Pilates session will be shorter to get us out in time for dinner or a sunset walk on the beach.
Dinner is again with the group. We will not be held responsible for what happens after dinner, but Tulum has a delightful bar scene (think tattooed mixologists by candlelight rather than spring break hell).
Fall asleep to the sound of the ocean.
Repeat 5 more times.
All daily Yoga or Hot Pilates sessions will cater to all levels; also, they are all optional. Pick and choose from what is offered based on how you feel - choose a little or choose a lot! Either way, you'll get back home strong, radiant, and grateful. Though mild depression may follow return - we may need to hold local support group with Margaritas for a more gentle reintegration.
Linda is the founder and owner of YogaSource Los Gatos, Silicon Valley's premier yoga studio. She leads workshops, conferences and retreats in the US and internationally. As the Director of the YogaSource Teacher Training Institute since its inception in 2006, she has nurtured hundreds of successful yoga instructors from across the country.
Linda has trained in both the US and India in Vinyasa, Ashtanga, Power, Pilates, Yoga therapeutics, Yin and Vipassana meditation. She is a student of modern Buddhism, Jungian psychology and functional movement. Her yoga classes are a playful and masterful blend of precision, elegance, and breath.
Linda has been interviewed and profiled by YogaJournal, NBC News, ABC's Best of the Bay, Common Ground, Yogi Times, San Jose Magazine, Los Gatos Weekly News and other publications. At other times of the day, she is a mom, a wife, a writer, a designer, and a foodie.
Carrie is the founder and owner of Karma Yoga SF, the hottest new studio in the San Francisco Marina District. As a former competitive soccer player since the age of 10, Carrie fell in love with yoga instantly after taking her first Bikram Class. The physical, emotional, mind, body connection was something she had never experienced in any exercise form. She took Yoga Source’s teacher training in 2008 and has been teaching ever since. She has also taken trainings from Kathryn Budig, Jason Crandall, Sally Kempton and Maty Ezraty. She is now considered one of the best Hot Pilates teachers in the Bay Area.
Carrie’s classes consist of strategic music picks to create a general flow no matter what class she teaches. “Yoga has changed my life, my views, my body and mind- I want to be able to share this with my students each and every day.”
* 7 nights accommodation at Maya Tulum, named "Most spectacular place to reconnect with your practice" by Yoga Journal
* 3 delicious meals per day (dinner only on the 10th; and breakfast only on 17th)
* 17 Yoga or Hot Pilates sessions (Sunday-Friday) with Thursday afternoon open for excursions
* Manduka Mats (only bring yogitoes or travel mat to put on top) and all other props
* Large purified water dispenser in your room (bring your canteen)
* Travel Insurance (highly recommended - see Payments Policy below)
* Transportation (plan to arrive Saturday March 10 and leave Saturday March 17th unless extending your trip)
Balance in full is due .
Please be sure to select your rooming option when you sign up:
Triple Cabana - Garden View (per person) $1695
Double Cabana - Garden View (per person) $1,795
Double Cabana - Ocean View (per person) $1,895
Double Cabana - Beach Front (per person) $2,195
Single Cabana - Beach Front (per person) $3,495
Refunds until September 30th:
A $100 administrative fee will be deducted from refund.
Refunds September 30th - December 31st:
A $500 administrative fee will be deducted from refund. If documented medical emergency, the fee is reduced to $100.
Refunds after January 1st:
Documented medical emergency credit towards same trip next year (less $100)
Please buy travel insurance. Do not be at the mercy of the resort if something comes up.
For people signing up without a designated roommate, we will do our best to accommodate your rooming preference (Double or Triple) but that is not decided until the day before the retreat starts and that choice is based on the even or uneven number of participants. We will refund or bill you accordingly.
Thank you very much for coming with us! Here’s some helpful bits to get you ready:
1. We will set up a Facebook group for this trip to help us plan and get excited.
2. Airport: You will fly into the Cancun International Airport (CUN) www.cancun-airport.com. The resort of MayaTulum is located about 1.45-hours south in the town of Tulum. Passport is required for entry into Mexico. PLEASE CHECK VALIDITY - WE HAVE HAD PEOPLE MISS OUT ON RETREATS BECAUSE PASSPORTS WERE EXPIRED. Most people are on one of two the direct flights from SFO (United and Virgin). Unless extending your trip (see below for that), please arrive on the 11th and leave on the 18th.
3. Airport Shuttle: I don't trust the cabs in Cancun airport so you have two choices: cheap group shuttle with Maya Tulum or more expensive private shuttle. The downside of a group shuttle is that you may need to wait for people from multiple flights so you may need to spend some time at the airport. A sort of third alternative is to ask on Facebook who is on your flight and coordinate a private shuttle and split the cost.
MayaTulum offers an easy airport shuttle between Cancun International Airport and the resort. If you are traveling on a Friday, Saturday or Sunday, the cost is US$40 one way/US$80 round trip. Payment is accepted at the resort reception when you check in. For this service only cash is accepted (US dollars, Mexican pesos or Euros). You will make the shuttle reservation directly with the resort by following these instructions:
- Go to MayaTulum’s FAQ page here: http://mayatulum.com/about-maya-tulum/
- Scroll down to ‘Shuttle Request’ and follow instructions
In Case of Delayed Flight- Weekend Emergency Number
Please note that the Maya Tulum reservations office is closed on Saturday and Sunday, so in case of a missed or delayed flight, please contact 011-521-984-116-4495 or 011-521-984-151-9344. You can also email the front desk.
Finding your Maya Tulum Shuttle Driver
Your driver will be standing right outside the airport exit door holding a MAYA TULUM sign.
The driver will have a reservation list and will confirm that your name is on the list.
If you do not find your driver within 45 minutes, please call Maya Tulum at: 52-1-984-116-4495 (if calling from a US cell phone, dial 011-521-984-116-4495.)
If you would like to book a private shuttle, go to happyshuttlecancun.com and use these numbers to communicate any delays etc:
Schedule is from 8am to 10pm Eastern Daylight Time
Toll Free USA/Canada - 1-800-818-9821
When in Mexico (998)-887-4242
4. Additional nights: If you would like to book additional nights at MayaTulum, please contact the resort directly. To receive special pricing please let them know you are with our group.
888-515-4580, X231 firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like to spend additional nights at a nearby hotel, you might find this useful:
Hotel Guide in and around Cancun http://cancun.airporthotelguide.com
5. Internet: There is no internet connection inside of your cabana but there is wireless service at the reception lounge & the dining hall. There is also a communal computer at reception for use free of charge. Please check out the attached document, MayaTulum’s FAQ for more info on the resort.
6. Laundry: There are no washers/dryers available to use, but you may request laundry service through the resort front desk. It is charged per pound and is approximately $8 USD per load. You can expect a 24-48 hour turn around.
7. Final Balance: For those of you not paid in full, final balance is due by February 20th. You will receive an email reminding you.
8. Meals: All meals will be served buffet style and will focus on healthy cuisine serving plenty of fresh fruits & vegetables. Fish and chicken will be served a few times a week unless otherwise noted. If individuals want fish served more than two nights, the charge is $8.00 per person. You can make this request at mealtime; no need to pre-order.
9. What to Bring: You are going to the deep tropics, dress and pack accordingly!
Sunscreen / sun block
Personal toiletries and medications
Vitamins / supplements
Flashlight (the resort and street isn’t lit at night)
Yoga mat and/or mat towel (the resort does supply mats)
Swimsuit, beach towel and anything else you want for swimming/beach activities
Water bottle (the resort supplies plenty of drinking water; a 5-gallon bubbler will be in your cabana and outside the yoga hall)
There are a lot of excursions you may want to explore in your spare time; jungle hikes, ancient ruins, wonderful eateries, spa treatments, boating, scuba diving, etc. You will need extra money for any of these activities. You can also buy anything else that you might need in the local town of Tulum, which is a short 5–minute cab ride away.
10. Currency & Extra money: Maya Tulum accepts U.S. Dollars, Mexican Pesos, and Euros in traveler’s checks or cash. Please note that change will be given in Pesos. Banks offer the best exchange rates. There is an ATM machine right at the resort and also several in the town of Tulum, as well as a couple banks. Changing currency at the airport is not recommended, as you may not receive the best exchange rate. Maya Tulum accepts Visa and MasterCard only.
All additional services that you purchase at the resort (spa treatments, food that is not included in the buffet meals, excursions, alcohol) will be charged to your room and you will take care of the cost at check out and these expenses can be charged. It would be a good idea to bring $400 cash set aside for taxis, spa services, tips and unforeseen issues. Everything outside the resort is cash-only, so If you plan to eat out, party and shop a lot, bring more cash.
11. Wellness Center Spa: For the Wellness Center Spa menu, go to:
You can make spa appointments upon arrival or prior to arrival by contacting the resort directly:
888-515-4580 Ext. 231
12. Eco Tours: For information on the Eco Tours, go to:
You can make tour reservations directly with the resort. It is common for students to coordinate with each other during the week and make arrangements then.
13. Cell phone Service: You may want to make contact with your carrier to ensure that you will have access to service while in Mexico or alter your plan for a better rate for service while in Mexico. Depending on your carrier, service may be spotty.
14. Security: At this point security is a non-issue. But we do advise that you do your own research on-line and always be on alert. Mexico in general requires a high level of alertness. There is 24-hour security on the resort premises
We will confirm exact schedule once we get there but please plan on something along these lines Sunday - Friday:
9:30 Yoga/+ HP
5:30pm Yoga/HP (no yoga on Thursday)
Saturday the 10th, we will have dinner at 7pm and Saturday the 17th, we will have breakfast at 8am.
Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions.
We can't wait to see you on the beach! Counting the days!
Linda and Carrie